Two young males have been refused bail after they were located with a stolen quad bike in Narrabri yesterday.
About 4.30pm yesterday (Monday 28 December 2015), Police responded to a number of reports of two males on a quad bike trespassing in Narrabri.
One boy was located with the stolen quad bike whilst a second attempted to flee on foot. He was located a short time later hiding in shrubbery in Park Crescent.
Alleged stolen property from break-ins at a Maitland Street business on 7th and 28th December 2015 was also found with the juveniles.
The boys, aged 14 and 16, have been charged with offences including:
• Agg B&E & commit serious indictable offence-in company,
• Enter inclosed land not presc premises w/o lawful excuse,
• Custody of knife in public place,
• Take & drive conveyance w/o consent of owner,
• Never licensed person drive vehicle on road,
• Motor bike rider (alone) not wear/secure fit approved helmet,
• Use unregistered vehicle on road or road related area and;
• Resist officer in execution of duty.
Barwon Local Area Command Commander, Acting Superintendent Kylie Chinnery said “assistance of members of the public along with a swift response from local Police worked together to effect the timely arrests and recovery of stolen property”.
“This is a really good result for both Police and the community and one which wouldn’t haven’t occurred without the input from vigilant and community minded people” he said.
Enquiries are continuing.
Anyone who witnessed the incident and has not yet spoken with Police is urged to contact Barwon Local Area Command on 02 6757 0799.
Anyone with information about this incident should call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page:https://www1.police.nsw.gov.au/. Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We remind people they should not report crime information v